Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:51:27 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Scott Hazen Mueller <scott@zorch.sf-bay.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aviator 2.4

In message <200011282042.eASKgRK53231@zorba.sf-bay.org> Scott Hazen Mueller writes:
: I seem to recall that you dropped MTU down on your cards.  Did you drop wsize
: and rsize down on your NFS mounts?  I've got 512-byte MTUs on my ethernet here
: because of a bogus router, and I had to drop wsize and rsize down to 1024 for
: NFS to work properly.

I guess I was unclear.  The ray cards I used could barely keep a ssh
session going, while the oronoko and Zomm air-4000 pair was able to do
a full FreeSBD update over cvs as well as a full cvsup to initially
populate my mirror cvs repo on the laptop.

Eg, the ray cards were completely unstable for even reading email or
doing a cvs update over ssh.

Warner