Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:23:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        pmurphy@earthling.net (Paul Murphy)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'make' fails

In a previous message, Paul Murphy said:
> Help, can't compile kernel!
>
> 'make depend' 	#works, no errors
> 'make'		#fails, see error.msg for error message
> 'make install'	#haven't got that far
>
> Attached is extract from /var/log/messages (error.msg) plus my kernel
> configuration file (NEBULA.KERNEL). Please email if you need more
> details.

> Dec 15 11:45:09 Nebula login: ROOT LOGIN (root) ON ttyv0
> Dec 15 11:59:52 Nebula /kernel: pid 575 (make), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)
> Dec 15 13:22:17 Nebula /kernel: pid 1153 (make), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> Dec 15 14:00:14 Nebula /kernel: pid 1564 (make), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

These aren't the most useful error messages. We need the actual output
of the make command.

I configed you config and did a make. The problem is in the
Sound Blaster stuff. I don't use the built in sound devices
so I can't help. You've missed something that is needed for sound.
Look in the handbook or FAQ for how to set sound up right.

Personally, I use OSS from 4Front-tech.com. Great stuff, and easy
to use.

--
He who seeks repetance for the past should woo the angel virtue in the
future!                         --E.G. Bulwer-Lytton