Date:      Wed, 06 Nov 2002 22:11:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        dgilbert@velocet.ca
Cc:        setantae@submonkey.net, saper@system.pl, kris@obsecurity.org, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [current] Re: What is user uucp good for?

In message: <15817.57457.767653.27721@canoe.velocet.net>
            David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca> writes:
: >>>>> "M" == M Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> writes:
:
: M> In message: <20021105220926.GB6129@submonkey.net> Ceri Davies
: M> <setantae@submonkey.net> writes: : For that matter, do we still
: M> need xten, a user who has been pushed so far : to the edge of
: M> obscurity that it's home directory doesn't even exist on a :
: M> freshly installed system (and I'm not talking about /nonexistent).
:
: M> For a long time I was a devender of xten, but my hardware is dead,
: M> and the original author, who is my boss, wouldn't morn the passing
: M> of it at all...
:
: Add to that: recent x10 hardware that I've bought has worked with
: standard serial w/o special x10 drivers.  Simple python (or perl)
: scripts reading the serial port are sufficient to talk to it.
:
: IIRC, the x10 computer interface was $19.95 or so.  That might have
: included shipping.  It's even fully bidirectional.

The drivers in the tree aren't for the serial versions, but these old
things that interfaced to the parallel port...  I have the newer
serial stuff, and it doesn't use the x10 stuff in the tree.

Warner