Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 1995 23:11:14 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Ade Barkah <mbarkah@hemi.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   what is... kernel trap 19?

Hello,

Occasionally, one of our servers die with a kernel trap 19:

NMI ... going to debugger
Kernel: type 19 trap, code=0
stopped at
   _copyout+0x35:  repe     movsl (%esi), %es: (%edi)

The machine is a DEC 486, eisa bus, with 64mb RAM, having an
isa adaptec 1542cf adapter. The operating system is the 950622
SNAP of 2.0.5.

The system is unable to dump core and reports that the adapter
is 'frozen?'.

Trace from the debugger says:

   Bad user frame pointer: 0xefbfc0c0

The call was:

   _syscall (27, 27, 10, 80b4fc4, efbfc0c0) at _syscall+0x161

Any ideas ? What should I look for the next time it crashes ?
Could this be a hardware problem ?

The machine crashes about once every 7-10 days, with light
load of users reading email and occasionally compiling
small programs.

Thanks in advance,

-Ade
Inet: mbarkah@hemi.com - HEMISPHERE ONLINE - www: <http://hemi.com/>;