Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 1997 01:05:17 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      robin!knarf@camelot.de
To:        ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Subject:   Re: kern/2923: panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: f6e21000

Hi,

You, Thomas David Rivers wrote:

> > If you have any idea how I can make the uptime 6 hrs or higher, please
> > tell me!
>
>  Since I'm guessing this is a different problem; if you'll provide
> the kgdb traceback and an nm of your kernel (are you running a 2.2.1
> GENERIC kernel?) and details of your system - it's quite possible your
> problem isn't as thorny as mine and can be much more readily repaired.

Ok, I have DDB in the kernel and had another panic.

I typed `trace' and saw nfs_bioread, nfs_readdir, getdirentries,
syscall, Xsyscall.

Does this mean the panic happend during an nfs_readdir as a client?
This would be really a bad thing.

[later]

Ooops, next reboot. After that I said "uustat -a" with /var/spool/uucp
mounted via nfs from a 2.1.5 server. The command finished, but
short after that it paniced again with the same (or similar) trace
output in the debugger. Damn.

Hmm, any ideas? How can I provide more detailed information?

Bye,
Knarf
--
  Frank Bartels   |UUCP/ZModem/Fax: +49 89 8948040| "Captain, why not just
 knarf@camelot.de | http://www.camelot.de/~knarf/ | give the Borg Windows?"