Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 14:48:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Derek Flowers <djflow@portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATTENTION: Call for opinion re: root device naming change

Keep it in.  The changes are meant to be placed in 2.2.6-RELEASE where
most who install it will be doing fresh installs.  Those who upgrade or
cvsup the changes are at some point going to have to do it sooner or
later.  After all, FreeBSD is a work in progress.  You can either stay in
the past with the compatibility slice and not upgrade or backup,
reinstall, and get the newest technology.  Let's make life for the system
developers easier.

P.S.  I don't mean to step on anybody's toes.  This reminds me of the
Fat32 problem Microsoft stuck everybody in.

Derek Flowers
djflow@erols.com
http://portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us/~djflow

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."