Date:      Sun, 3 Jul 2022 08:51:26 -0700
From:      John Kennedy <warlock@phouka.net>
To:        David Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPI4 + ntpdate + unbound

On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 10:49:33PM -1000, David Cornejo wrote:
> I always hated this about the RPIs - I put a DS3231 on mine and the
> problem disappears. ...

  Yeah.  Not sure where Eben would cram it (much less the battery), but
one of these days his form factor needs to expand a bit.  But with what
I do with the RPI4 it runs hot, so I've got a good passive case, but
this one hides the GPIO pins entirely and the active-cooling one I'm
looking at is a big chunk of aluminum + fans, which means some pretty
significant risers/headers to get it to clear the heatsink and some
contention with the PWR/GRD pins to power the fan.

  Haven't dug into what RTC driver FreeBSD may support to see where I
can stick the RTC.  I do want one, just not seeing options that jump out
at me.