Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 13:11:09 -0700
From:      Richard_Dunham@iwv.com (Richard Dunham)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network Card change.

     Hello,

     I am in need of some help for I am puzzled about our freebsd server.

     The freebsd server is configued to work with a 3c509C card.
     Due to a bad BNC port I have changed the card and inserted a
     new 3C509C card.

     During a boot -c, I enter config mode, probe the card, and continue
     booting.  The probe finds the card, but the OS reports EP0 not found.

     Why is the new card not recognized by the OS, but yet by CONFIG?

     Your help is greatly appreciated.

     Best Regards
     Richard