Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:54:49 -0400
From:      Dillon Kass <lists@loveturtle.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS version 8 on stable?

There's nothing you can do right now except for wait. By default the zfs
implementation on osx will create a zfs version 6 zpool (to retain
compat with the read-only kext that ships with 10.5) but once you've
upgraded you can't go back.

There is a newer version of zfs for freebsd but it hasn't been commited
yet. See http://kerneltrap.org/FreeBSD/BSDCan_2008_ZFS_Internals

Your only option is to wait until this is committed or patches are
offered at least.
pjd is the man so it shouldn't be too long :-)