Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:44:24 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Joseph Koshy <jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Comments on FAQ DTD?

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 06:17:34PM -0700, Joseph Koshy wrote:
> I found a DTD for FAQs on the Web recently which seemed /much/ lighter
> than the current LinuxDoc or DocBook DTDs which we use.
>
> 	http://www.faq.org/qaml/qaml.dtd
>
> I liked the simplicity of the DTD but it also seemed to lack a way to
> markup a computer/user dialogue, something which I guess is important
> for the FreeBSD FAQ.

Very quickly (I'm off for 3 days in about 2 minutes)

If you look at doc/sgml/freebsd.dtd you'll see my extensions to DocBook
to handle this.

In essence, you would write

    <FAQList>
      <FAQListItem>
         <FAQQuestion>
           <para>...</para>

           <para>...</para>
         </FAQQuestion>

         <FAQAnswer>
           <para>...</para>

           <informalexample>
           </informalexample>
         </FAQAnswer>
      </FAQListItem>

    </FAQList>

and so on. Wordy, but in keeping with DocBook. I just need to document it
before it gets used.

Comments appreciated.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need