Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 18:22:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charlie Root <root@binkley.tiac.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xsm core dumps

Hey,

I tried setting up xdm, and could never log in.  After looking some
more, I saw that xsm was core dumping.  Unfortunately, there are no
symbols on the binary, so gdb wasn't much help.  So I tried to rebuild
X from /usr/X11R6/src (I've done this before on Solaris, AIX and HP),
but wasn't able(!).

What can I do to investigate my problem?

I am running 2.2.1 release of FreeBSD, and everything on the machine
is fresh from a full install (via PPP, not that it matters).

Thanks,
--binkley