Date:      Tue, 6 Dec 2005 02:31:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      <pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tiny report on a Dell Dimension 9150 (it works with minor glitches)

Hi;

I bought a new Dell Dimension 9150 with the specific objective of running
FreeBSD 6's most interesting features (64bit + SMP). The computer has

- an Intel Pentium D processor 2.8 GHz (dual core, no HT) with EM64T
- an Intel PRO/1000 PL NIC - I couldn't change this, it's integrated
- a Radeon X600 256MB Graphic card (normally it comes with an X300)
- I upgraded the integrated sound with an Audigy.
- the rest (mouse, keyboard) is rather standard USB.

I haven't had time to do a full install yet but a brief boot on the live CD
from the AMD64 distribution shows:

1) The AMD64 port boots fine and detects the Intel Pentium D, however it
confuses dual core with hyperthreading.
2) The network card isn't recognized.

There's not much more to report yet, but I'll surely get to installing FreeBSD
this week, JIC someone wants me to test patches ;).

cheers,

    Pedro.

http://mail.yahoo.it