Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:51:03 +0100
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libvorvisfile.la vanished?

On 23 Feb Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st> wrote:
>
> > After a "portupgrade -R <dontremember>" something's changed w/
> > libvorbis. "Portupgrade -R kdegames3" won't compile cause of a
> > missing "/usr/local/lib/libvorbisfile.la"
>
> This is a libtool wrapper file that shouldn't be needed by anything,
> which is why I removed it.

Thanks for your answer.

*** However ***

# "portupgrade -rR kdegames" FAILS without the libvorbis*.la files.
Compilation is aborted :-((

So, what I did was: I installed "pkg_add -r libvorbis" on a FreeBSD-4.7R
virtual (vmware) machine and copied the libogg.la and libvorbis*.la
files to the machien w/ the upgraded libvorbis. Now, kdegames install.

I guess SOME thing needed these filesd :-/
Better put them back (?)

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)