Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:40:56 -0500
From:      jmc <jcagle@gmail.com>
To:        "brad miele" <bmiele@ipnstock.com>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh ilo question

For iLO remcons sessions, your terminal emulator (e.g. PuTTY) should have
the following settings:

  Backspace - Generates Control-H
  Function Keys - VT100+
  Window Size -  25 ROWS by 80 columns (This is key)
  Character Set Translation - CP437

Please let me know if this helps.  By the way, if your system has iLO-2
(beginning in 2006) the REMCONS command no longer works -- you should
transition to using VSP (Virtual Serial Port) instead.  The iLO-2 BMC now
uses a "DVI" like connection to the video controller which means it no
longer can "screen-scrape" the text console.  I recommend setting the iLO
VSP to COM1 to make it easier to use for the FreeBSD console.  (This is the
default on BladeSystem blades since they don't have a real COM1 port.)

John