Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:58:20 -0800
From:      Pat Lathem <plathem@ivestnw.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.7 -> 5.0 Pccard problems (more info)

M. Warner Losh wrote:

>In message: <20021227153647.GB64571@solaris.ru>
>            Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru> writes:
>: On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 06:33:57AM -0800, Pat Lathem wrote:
>:
>: > I am running 5.0 current from a few days ago. I upgrade fairly often
>: > hoping that it will be fixed.
>: >
>: > When I booted with the -v flag, everything proceeded normally until I
>: > attempted to power up the slot the card was in (pccardc power 0 1) . The
>: > first two lines are shown to the console, and then the third line is
>: > printed repeatedly:
>: > pcic0: reset 1 int is 0 stat is 0
>: > pcic0: reset 2 int is 0 stat is 0
>: > pcic0: reset 3 int is 0 stat is 0  (<-- this one is then repeated in a
>: > loop until the slot is powered down)
>: >
>: > Does anyone know what this means?
>:
>: I guess Warner Losh could help here if he has enough time to look at this.
>
>This looks surpsingly like things are cross threaded because these
>messages are OLDCARD messages...  Maybe I'm missing context.
>
>Warner

Those messages are from my FreeBSD 5.0 computer (cvsupped less than a
week ago) compiled with OLDCARD kernel config. With OLDCARD I do get a
message upon card insertion, it just does not work properly (the wrong
identification string is returned, and the error above).  With the
GENERIC kernel, I get this:

pccardc power 0 1
pccardc: /dev/card0: No such file or directory
pccardc dumpcis
0 slots found

dmesg: ( from boot -v)

cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
ppcard0: <16-bit PCCARD bus> on cbb0
cbb0: Unsupported card type detected

The device is a TI-1410 controller. Hope that clears it up. Also I hope
my ISP has resolved their reverse DNS issues so this message makes it
out to the list as well.

Pat Lathem