Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 19:40:48 -0700
From:      Doug Hockin <doug.hockin@getronics.com>
Subject:   Olivetti Two Channel SCSI Card

I'm trying to get an Olivetti EISA Two Channel SCSI card working
on RH5.1.  I think this card is a relabeled AHA274X/T
but am not positive as I have no documentation, just the
card and the CMOS config files to look at.

It returned a different ID string 04,90,77,82 so I put
that into a new entry in the AIC7xxx array.  I added
the new offset into that table (4) into the switch
statement so it's treated as a 274X.  Things go normally
during startup of Linux until the first interrupt occurs
from the card.

When the register (91H) is read to verify that there's an
interrupt pending the value read is 0 rather than the
expected F so the code just returns.  The interrupt continues
to happen over and over locking up the box.

[Wouldn't it make sense for that routine to clear the
interrupt even if the status doesn't show one since
we are executing the interrupt handler and there's a good
chance we'll end up in a loop like this if we don't
clear it?]

What are the possibilities?  Is it possible they (Olivetti)
changed the addresses of the registers as well as the
ID string?  If they have done that would the code have
gotten as far as it did successfully?  If they made such
a change I'll have to dig up some documentation for the card.

Is there a check some test code could perform to verfy that they might
have changed IO addresses?

-- Doug