Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:09:02 -0400
From:      Jon-Erik Lido <jlido@goof.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SiS 900 ethernet MAC address all zeros (me too)

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:41:37AM -0700, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> [...]

Yes, the IRQ is being shared, but there doesn't seem to be a way to
reassign it in the BIOS.

The IRQ is being shared with one of the OHCI USB interfaces.  I don't
think there are any ISA devices involved.  There is only one USB device
attached to the machine, so I'll investigate if it's possible to turn just
the offending USB interface off.  If not, I'll shut them both off just to
see if an IRQ conflict is the source of the problem.

I do know that Win2K is able to use the SiS 900 on this machine, so I
suspect that the hardware is fine.

What do I do if disabling the USB hardware doesn't fix the problem?
What do I do if it does?

Thanks Ted!

-Jon