Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:14:34 -0400
From:      "Moore, Eric Dean" <emoore@lsil.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CAM: splcam/splx question

We are developing a CAM driver.
Im using splcam/splx in hopes of disable interrupts during the xxx_intr
(interrupt time).

Does this 'spl' API actually disable interrupts?
I'm panic inside interrupt time when I have tagged command queuing enabled -

and the page fault that occurs states the following:

Fatal trap 12:page fault while in kernel mode

fault virtual address	=
fault code		=
instruction pointer	=
stack pointer		=
frame pointer		=
code statement		= base, limit, type, DPL, pres, def32
processor eflags 	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process 		= Idle
interrupt mask		= cam

Is there some other call ( or spin locks)  that actually disables interrupts
during critical session of code?

Eric Moore
LSI Logic