Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2020 10:18:33 -0800
From:      George Hartzell <hartzell@alerce.com>
To:        Dan McGrath <danmcgrath.ca@gmail.com>
Cc:        "\@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>, FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Starting with poudriere

Dan McGrath writes:
 > [...] I am not sure about repo priorities, or how you would deal
 > with conflicts with build options that pull in common ports. It is
 > something I have been meaning to look into, sorry! Perhaps someone else
 > here can give some advice?

One way to solve this is via "portshaker", which can layer a "thin"
ports tree on top of the standard tree.

Here's a [perhaps not entirely graceful, but It Works For Me] example
where I layer a couple of ports onto the standard tree.

https://github.com/hartzell/freebsd-ports

I use the resulting tree for poudriere builds and populate jails with
e.g. my LMS audio system.

g.