Date:      08 Dec 1997 03:30:42 +1100
From:      Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
To:        Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [linux-security] New Program: Abacus Sentry - Port Scan Detector (fwd)

Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I though someone could be interested in this program, a port scanner
> which seems more featureful than strobe (a port scanner in the
> FreeBSD ports).
>
> This program is developed on Linux but, as the author said, should
> run on BSD variants also.
>
> Cheers
>
> Marco Molteni
> Computer Science student at the Universita' degli studi di Milano, Italy.
>                  "Whuffo you jump out of them airplanes?"

Well, it's actually a port-scan detector, so I don't think the feature
comparison via-a-vis strobe really stacks up :)

--
Prof. Julian Assange  |"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your
proff@iq.org          | people's throats." -- Stolen quote from Howard Aiken
proff@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |                           http://underground.org/book