Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:39:28 +0000
From:      John Birrell <jb@what-creek.com>
To:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        Marcus Alves Grando <mnag@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems to build src/rescue

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 06:32:11PM -0600, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> On 11/26/06, Marcus Alves Grando <mnag@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >Hi list,
> >
> >I have some problem to build world, more precisily src/rescue. I already
> >run make clean, remove usr/obj and update via cvsup my sources, but
> >rescue does not compile.
> >
> I'm seeing the same problem, added WITHOUT_RESCUE to /etc/src.conf, so
> that I could complete a buildworld.
>
> It seems that this problem occurred somewhere between the Nov 24 and
> Nov 26.  I looked on cvsweb, and there don't appear to be any commits
> made between this time frame to either src/rescue or src/bin/sh.

This looks to be my fault. Sorry.

I added a make rule to the file that crunchgen generates. That, in turn,
appears to have caused the crunch make to call the sh make with an
unexpected target which ends up using a default rule with no CFLAGS.
That's why the include files aren't found.

I'll have to make a more detailed change to crunchgen to support
parallel makes.

--
John Birrell