Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2012 13:41:33 -0400
From:      grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
To:        bug-followup@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-office@freebsd.org, cvs-src@yandex.ru
Subject:   Re: ports/171791: libreoffice-3.5.6_1 display corruption [unusable]

> I have the same behavior with chromium

Thanks for the confirmation that someone else is seeing
some form of corruption. (There are not screenshots yet
so we may be seeing different forms.)

> closing/reopening glitchy tab helps, also as rolling up the
> chromium window.

Tabbing (in localc) through the three sheets doesn't work for me.
Nor does window rollup. Even if they did, these would hardly be
a workaround when daily spreadsheet life requires a lot of clicking,
scrolling, etc.

> It may be actually related to xorg/drm
> Never expected the same with libreoffice however.

I know that as of the July 4 2012 packages on FTP,
on this same world, these versions worked fine:

May 25 13:18 libdrm-2.4.17_1.tbz
Jun 04 17:55 xf86-video-intel-2.7.1_4.tbz
Jun 06 00:45 xorg-7.5.2.tbz
Jun 04 18:00 e16-1.0.10_1.tbz
Jun 05 01:47 openjdk-7.4.22.tbz
Jun 06 12:11 libreoffice-3.5.2_4.tbz

( I'll include the current ones I'm running from Sep 19 2012 here:
Sep 13 20:59 libdrm-2.4.17_1.tbz
Sep 14 09:57 xf86-video-intel-2.7.1_4.tbz
Sep 16 20:10 xorg-7.5.2.tbz
Sep 14 10:09 e16-1.0.10.002.tbz
Sep 14 07:39 openjdk-7.6.24_1.tbz
Sep 14 12:32 libreoffice-3.5.6_1.tbz
)

So if it was an xorg/intel/drm issue I would think to expect corruption
with more apps, not just libreoffice. But I'll include the below for
reference (even if only my own)...

It seems that the current FreeBSD FTP packages for xorg/intel/drm,
which are composed of these freedesktop FTP sources:

libdrm-2.4.17.tar.gz	21-Dec-2009
May 04  2010 xorg-server-1.7.7.tar.gz
May 13  2009 xf86-video-intel-2.7.1.tar.gz

are well behind the current freedesktop versions:

libdrm-2.4.39.tar.gz	24-Aug-2012
Sep 05 2012 xorg-server-1.13.0.tar.gz
Sep 16 2012 xf86-video-intel-2.20.8.tar.gz

At least for this platform. For which I think I saw a note
that they won't be updated for RELENG_8.

Again, I don't think that's the issue, but I'll slowly try updating
to RELENG_8, RELENG_9, then the X sources... because I'd
like to anyways.

Maybe this little more info helps. Ask if needed. Thx.