Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 04:58:10 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, brianfinniff@unixforge.org
Subject:   Re: MP3 Audio CD Burning

--Boundary-02=_HVnPBKyMc0/OLhZ

Am Mittwoch, 8. September 2004 05:25 schrieb Brian Finniff:
> Is it possible to burn a CD from an .MP3 file? If so, how would I do that?
>
> I would appriciate any help you could give me, thanks.

Ok, any help! Then I possibly have something. First, you can create a red b=
ook=20
audio CD which contains, simplified, wave-tracks.
If you want to make a audio cd out of mp3s you have to convert the mp3 file=
=20
into a wav file (pcm) and create a audio-cd (formerly done=20
by /usr/ports/sysutils/mkisofs but rigth now this tiny utility seems to hav=
e=20
vanished???!)! ???

Another option is to create a data-CD, containig real mp3 files in ISO9660=
=20
=46ilesystem. But this kind of CD needs to be played on special equipment l=
ike=20
newer MP3 capable car radios and so on. HiFi CD Player can't play data CD's=
=20
contents though many DVD-Players can replay data CDs with ISO9660-mp3=20
structure on it.

Hope this helps a little bit, since you're using kde I'd suggest having a l=
ook=20
at k3b (ports/sysutils/k3b), but it's not too easy getting it up and runnin=
g=20
(especially if you're not familar with FreeBSD)

=2DHarry