Date:      Sun, 11 May 1997 20:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Allen Sitho <sithoa@ecs.csus.edu>
To:        Steve Howe <un_x@anchorage.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What is "invalid primary partition... magic"?

On Sun, 11 May 1997, Steve Howe wrote:

> On Sun, 11 May 1997, Allen Sitho wrote:
>
> a magic number exists in the partitions table so that
> the block on the hard drive may be verified to be
> a partition table ...
>
> it's serious if it is causing you problems.

Hello,
	I get this message on the first boot drive of my pc, and I have
linux on a physical second drive.  I experience no problem with the first
drive but when I boot linux, Iget the boot sector might be corrupted
message and linuz hangs.  Could they be related, or is the no magic
problem should exist only onthe first drive?  Do I need to reinstall to
fix this problem?

                              ooooo     ooooo
                           $$$$ Allen Sitho $$$$
                                 ""$$$$$""