Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:11:27 +0200
From:      phoemix@harmless.hu (Gergely CZUCZY)
To:        beno <zope@2012.vi>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATLQ Support

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 01:05:30PM -0400, beno wrote:
> Gergely CZUCZY wrote:
> >and i'm sure you haven't read altq(4)
> >
> >weren't you he guy who wrote here before looking at any manuals, last ti=
me?
> >=20
> No, silly, I'm the guy who *always* reads and re-reads the
> instructions...and *still* misunderstands them! If you would take a
> moment to reflect (instead of genuflect), you would clearly recognize
> that I had followed part of the instructions from that same page and
> source, or did you figure that I just came up with those other lines I
> added to my kernel out of my head? No, they were recorded in the
> instructions, and that's where I got them.
>
> You are clearly a very intelligent man.
>
> You clearly have a bad temper, and that makes you immature. Education
> that only increases the brain without increasing the heart is of no
> consequence, and you are a clear example of that. Education without
> maturity is a waste, and until you add the latter, that is all you have.
>
> Please be so kind as to reign in your temper from now on, and let's
> treat each other as gentlemen, okay? I'm trying my best. Accept that,
> won't you?
> beno
ohh, don't do this, please. read the first line of my reply, not only the
last. please, don't skip the first line, that's very important.

okey, let's hel you, and give an example of my good nature. i give
you a hint, that will help you through times like this, and it will
be ever useful. here it goes: read, understand and don't forget the
_whole_ message/reply/whatsoever.

here's the part that you've missed:
> >and i'm sure you haven't read altq(4)

let me highlight the most important part of this: altq(4)

a word with a number within parenthesis after it always refers to
a manual page. to get altq(4), use ``man 4 altq''

as you surely notice, the manual will begin with the kernel options
required of the varios altq support settings, and it will continue
with the explanation of that.

so, what are you complaining about? i do had gave you what you
had missed...

Bye,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: gergely.czuczy@harmless.hu
PGP: http://phoemix.harmless.hu/phoemix.pgp

Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--