Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:22:00 -0400
From:      "Passki, Jonathan P" <jpasski@kpmg.com>
To:        "'Kurtis Smith'" <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SecureID and Radius

I don't know if SafeWord (Secure Computing - http://www.sctc.com)
interoperates w/ SecurID, but they do provide their own token (calculator
device).  The stuff runs on Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, and NT, but I don't know
about xBSD.  It also integrates w/ Radius, for a full AAA system.  They also
provide their API's, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be that hard to convert it
over to xBSD.  On a side note, their very secure firewall, Sidewinder, runs
off of a specially tuned BSDi kernel, so they do have fingers in the xBSD
community.

Jon Passki

KPMG LLP
4200 Wells Fargo Center
90 South Seventh Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Voice: 612.305.5201
Fax: 612.305.5100
Email: jpasski@kpmg.com

> Since I know you can create Radius accounts can someone tell
> me if there
> are ports for this software for SecureID ... the little cute
> calculater
> look alike pads that change there code every so often... This
> would be nice
> for traveling Employees...
>
> Or does SecureID have its own UNIX software that comes with
> them when you
> buy them>>> sorry new still.
>
> Any Websites or info on this stuff would be great even any buddies
> opinion's welcome...
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Kurt

is unauthorized.