Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 07:54:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        (Valter Alves) <valter@thor.leirianet.pt>
Cc:        (Valter Alves) <valter@pluriproj.pt>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Server quake run under freebsd

Yes,  you could run it under Linux emulation, or you could use the quakeserver
port found in the ports collection.

I've been playing with quake.x11 to try local games only.

These two people are the FreeBSD gurus on Quake (meaning the've answered the
most email about Quake in the mailing list archives.)

Dan Nelson        dnelson@emsphone.com
Jonathan E. Lyons parrothd@midwest.net

Patrick

PS Go to http://www.altavista.digital.com and do a search for:
+quake +freebsd
And you should get some links to people who are using FreeBSD for the server,
but are not on this list.