Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 1996 13:49:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        bruce_perryman@ibi.com (bruce perryman)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Running a.out (was: no subject)

bruce perryman writes:

>      Hey out there! Ready for a dumb question?

Sure.  How about:  "Why didn't you specify a subject line"?

>      I compile a simple c program with cc and get the resulting a.out or
>      a.o.  But I can't run it! What's the problem?

Something's wrong.  Unfortunately, my crystal ball broke down earlier
this year, and I can't find anybody to repair it.  How about
information?  For example, how did you compile the program?  What did
the system say when you tried to run it?

The fact that you mention the name a.o suggests that you might have
created a .o file and be trying to run it.  Don't use the -c option
for the final executable.

Greg