Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 1995 12:13:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      julian@tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
To:        mycroft@ai.mit.edu (Charles M. Hannum)
Cc:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: SVNET Meeting?

> That (mis)information originated from Julian Elischer.  Julian said
> many moons ago that Adaptec's policy was such, and for a long time it
> was touted as the reason for not having a 2x42 driver.  You can find
> this in your own mail archives.

That was adaptec's policy at the time and I still have the documents
from when I tried to get the information..
We STILL (I believe) can't get the code for their own interface,
which is why we have the Linux developed one....

Adaptec did however have a softenning on some of their stances, which has
made the present drivers possible.

julian