Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 00:39:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "David G. Andersen" <dga@pobox.com>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Blackhat Firewall-1 Codes

Without looking at all at the code, but speaking from having ported
numerous of these things to FreeBSD, I'll hazard a few guesses:

 - differing levels of "rawness" between BSD and Linux;
   BSD raw sockets perform an htons() on the ip_len, ip_off,
   and ip_tos fields.

  - set sin_len in your struct sockaddr_in;  not all systems
    have this field.

  - set IP_HDRINCLUDE and other friends when opening the raw socket,
    if they're not already.

Happy porting.

   -Dave

--