Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:28:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Maxim Ignatenko <gelraen.ua@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg-server blocks on /dev/sysmouse

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Maxim Ignatenko wrote:

> On ??, 24 ??? 2012 20:23:18 Warren Block wrote:

> input
> sysmouse+moused).
>>>
>>> appeared

> I'm

>>> 1.10.6:

>>> Yes, all input devices configured statically.
>>> AutoAddDevices is also turned off.
>>
>> Sorry, I was not clear enough.  If AllowEmptyInput is
> set to Off, it can
>> cause this exact problem--nothing runs until the
> mouse is moved.  The
>> solution in that case is to not set AEI at all, let
> it default.
>
> Just tried to rebuild xorg-server without mentioned
> patch and commented AllowEmptyInput in xorg.conf - now
> it hangs. Also, I cannot find AllowEmptyInput in
> xorg.conf(5) now, is it removed?

Don't know about the latest xorg.  The best explanation of AEI that I
could get is in that article under What AllowEmptyInput Really Means:

Option "AllowEmptyInput" "On" means the server may start without any
input devices.

Option "AllowEmptyInput" "Off" means the server must have configured
input devices at startup.

Later versions of xorg may have removed it, or merely removed it from
the man page.