Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:53:41 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE2 upgrade pains (was Re: KDE init)

Thierry Herbelot wrote:

> I've just reinstalled may home box with a recent snapshot and the latest
> KDE2 packages (attempts to upgrade KDE2 via source and portupgrade left
> the machine with an unbuildable parts of KDE, due to incompatible
> automake/autoconf versions, then a binary upgrade with the kde packages
> got to an inconsistency on the libpng - well, I suppose I missed
> something ...)
>
> Nevermind : I've got KDE 2.2.1 installed on a 4.4-Stable (finally !)
>
> what I've lost is the ability to use Alt-Gr accessible characters (the

was missing : on a 101-key french keyboard

> pipe symbol should be accessible via Alt-GR+5 key combination, but this
> does not seem be working : under xterm, the Alt-Gr+key combination gives
> the same result as the Alt+key combination)
>
> I kept the /etc tree from the previous 4.3-Stable version : could the
> key table be corrupted ?

[replying to oneself is always fun ;-))]

I've found the problem : I've moved the X11R6 tree from /usr/ to another
slice and the relative paths in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 are no longer
correct. I get the full keymap after seting the xbb symbolic link to the
absolute /etc/X11/xkb)

does someone know why there are relative paths in the symbolic links of
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11 ?

	TfH

--
Thierry Herbelot