Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:00:47 +1000
From:      Peter MacGee <peter@ideal.net.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS Mount problems

Hi All,
         At the moment, I have many FreeBSD systems that are running as NFS
servers, with one system acting as an NFS client. As far as I can see the
/etc/exports file on the servers are all correct, as well as the /etc/fstab
on the NFS client. However, when I boot the NFS client, it gives the message:

"NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered"

To make things just that little bit more strange, it does indeed mount some
of the NFS mounts in fstab but not all of them.

The relevant part of my /etc/rc.conf on the NFS client:

portmap_enable="YES"
nfs_client_enable="YES"
nfs_client_flags="-n 4"

The NFS client is running 4.3-RELEASE at the moment with the generic kernel.

Could anyone please offer some pointers.

Many Thanks,

Pete.

--
Computers are just like air conditioners; They don't work properly if you
open Windows.