Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:56:47 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win4Lin - yet another virtual machine to run Windows

I spoke to these folks at Linuxworld about 18 months ago.  AFAIR, their
product is basically a port of SCO's DOS/Merge, and the ABI between the
userspace and kernelspace components is fairly well understood.

The amount of work involved in making it run on FreeBSD would probably be
comparable to the work involved in the VMware port (ie. reasonable but
not excessive).