Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:02:42 +0000
From:      zzz <daniel.leal@netvisao.pt>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portuguese keymap

Hi all.

I am portuguese and I am having some problems with some portuguese characte=
rs.
I have freebsd 6.1-stable running on my desktop and linux fedora on my lapt=
op.

=46or example, in fedora I can write the following characters either in X o=
r=20
console (I dont know if you can read it well):
=E7 =C7 =E3 =E1 =E0 =E9 =ED =EA

I just would like to be able to write all portuguese characters in freebsd=
=20
(inside and outside X) like in fedora.
I can do it for example in firefox inside X. But not in all apps.
This is bad for me, because I want to use my freebsd to backup other system=
s=20
in may network and there are many files that have this characters in the=20
name. Like this my freebsd simple ignore this files during backup!

Can someone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you all.

Daniel.

My rc.conf has the following line:
keymap=3D"pt.iso.acc"