Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:51:30 +0100
From:      Marko Zec <zec@tel.fer.hr>
To:        Dan Pelleg <daniel+bsd@pelleg.org>, Brad Karp <bkarp+@cs.cmu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "deeper sleep mode" support in -STABLE?

On Thursday 30 October 2003 16:55, Dan Pelleg wrote:
> Brad Karp <bkarp+@cs.cmu.edu> writes:
> The patch applies, but not cleanly, and doesn't compile. Marko
> told me in personal mail he's planning to work on -STABLE
> support.

OK, the patch against 4.9-R can be found at
http://www.tel.fer.hr/zec/BSD/pm/

Be warned that I didn't have time yet to upgrade my ThinkPad to 4.9, so
I couldn't test the patch myself, but it should work at least on ICH-3
based machines. On ICH-4 ones (which I believe ThinkPad X31 is based
on) the speedstep sysctl control will be useless, since Pentium-M
processors use a different clock control methods. Deeper sleep support
should work in all cases...

Good luck,

Marko