Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:34:00 +0400
From:      Nugzar Nebieridze <nugzar@mbg.com.ge>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Virus Scanning Software for FreeBSD

Hello Alexandr,

Tuesday, March 13, 2001, 9:05:24 AM, you wrote:

AK> Hello Will,

AK> Monday, March 12, 2001, 11:56:43 PM, you wrote:

WMKR>> Is anyone aware of any virus scanning solutions for freebsd, particularly
WMKR>> solutions for email? I don;t trust my users not to follow proper email
WMKR>> guidelines, and thus would like to stop email at the server before they get
WMKR>> delivered the message.
AK> There is antivirus software calles AVP, it has versions for FreeBSD
AK> 4.x and 3.x. It has good virus base (for now ~45000). It can be
AK> itercorporated with sendmail too.

AK> See http://www.kaspersky.com/ for details.

This company provides AntiVirus software for Windows, FreeBSD and
Linux. If you server is heavily loaded then they are also providing a
daemon AVP that loads its databases only once when you start it and
then you can connect to its socket and pass data to check on viruses.
It requires less computer resources. It is not free, but you can
download demo version that will be able to detect viruses only but not
disinfect them...

Hope it helps.

Nugzar