Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:57:30 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        Darren Pilgrim <darren@bluerosetech.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net/avahi-app: I just need the daemon, how do I install that?

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 5:33 AM, Darren Pilgrim <darren@bluerosetech.com> wrote:
> I've been going over the avahi-app Makefile and can't see a way to build and
> install just the daemon and there isn't a net/avahi-daemon port. Most Linux
> distros have an avahi-daemon package which correctly only requires expat,
> libdaemon and dbus.

It's what avahi-app depenencies here. I don't think I understand what
you are trying to say about the dependencies?

> I avoid dbus at all costs, so all I need is a way to
> build the daemon without dbus support.
>
> I found this forum thread from 13 months ago:
>
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=22944
>
> Where is the daemon-only subport?  Do you have a patch or a subport PR I
> could look at?

Sorry, I am not interesting in split daemon and client but I will
accept patch if someone create it. When someone do that and (s)he will
have to check the rest ports if they need daemon or client or both.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz.freebsd@gmail.com - mezz@FreeBSD.org