Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:19:42 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: MFC of latest pccard code

In message <200111120613.fAC6D1a30102@rover.village.org> Michael Collette writes:
:   I should note that there is still a nasty timing problem on boot up in
: relation to when pccard kicks in.  It's the last darn thing to run, after
: pretty much all my networking daemons have already been asked to go.  pccardd
: really needs to get going long before stuff like ipfw kicks in.
:   At this point I simply have a shell script that I run following a boot up
: that forces a reload of all my ipfw rules.  It works and all, but it is an
: awfully nasty hack around.  Any chance a more elegant solution might be in
: the works sometime soon?

Add -z to the pccardd_flags and this will be fixed.

:   Lastly, do any of the changes you've made here effect the Xircom PCMCIA
: cards?  I've got a RealPort Cardbus Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 over here I'd
: love to try out some time.  Not a real big deal, as this Linksys card I've
: got now work terrific after all your hard work over there.

None of the changes I just merged will change that, I don't think.  I
do have some Xircom patches, but I've not committed them yet.

Warner