Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:01:28 +0100
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Tape Drives...

As Wilko Bulte wrote:

> Exabytes (primarily the earlier ones) are consumer-electronics based
> cr*

Sounds like our drives are from those series.

> Hmmm. You better do a couple of retension wind/rewinds every now and
> then. Really helps to keep QIC cartridges happy.

In the end, they're retensioning regularly, i guess.  I do a full
backup of three partitions each weekend, starting at BOT, rewind it,
append daily increments throughout the week, rewind again, etc.  The
full backups itself should suffice to wind the tape several times from
end to end.

--
cheers, J"org