Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:07:50 +0900
From:      Nancy Fillion <nance@login.co.kr>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   proposed Asian distribution

I am president of Internet Broadcast Systems, Inc., and I work with John
Sokol, one of the original authors of 386BSD, and an avid devotee of
FreeBSD.  We have discussed with a few Asian magazines the possibilty of
them pressing 30,000 or more copies of FreeBDS for free inclusion with
their regular magazines.  They would be distributing the copies entirely
for free.

John and I were looking at FreeBSD 2.2.2, and we noticed that it is now
copyrighted, implying that it is no longer public domain.  What
restrictions , if any, would there be to us in working with these Asian
groups to press and distribute FreeBSD 2.2.2 for free to these
companies.

thanks,
Michael Meyer
mikem@livecam.com