Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 02:11:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        martinh@luminaop.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gcl

Hello, Martin.

 * My name is Martin Helliwell.  I am a major LISP hacker who was very disapointed
 * to find out that the gcl port for FreeBSD 2.2 was broken.  Since you are listed
 * as the port maintainer, I wanted to ask you if anyone is working to fix this
 * problem.  If not, I can try it myself.  I would appreciate any infomation
 * you have that might help me.  I put a couple of hours into it already and
 * the basic
 * compiler is going together OK - so I don't think it will be that difficult
 * to fix. (of course I could be wrong)

I suggest you look into the handbook (www.freebsd.org/handbook/porting.html).
Also, other ports in /usr/ports/lang may help.

 * I could also post a reward for someone who provides a fix - not much,
 * maybe $100. Anyway, I think that a good common lisp compiler is an important
 * thing for FreeBSD to have with it and I want to do what I can to make it happen.
 * Please let me know what you think.

Keep that for yourself.  This is the last info I have on gcl, see if
it helps.

Satoshi
-------