Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:46:05 +0800 (CST)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        akm@zeus.theinternet.com.au, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: When to transition to 3.0-STABLE..  NOT NOW!

Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@zeus.theinternet.com.au> writes:
>Anyway hopefully this will help the adventurous or the cursed, and
>hopefully help out the upgrade team at least a little.

Two more bits of advice:

If you find yourself stuck halfway through the upgrade and need to reboot
your old kernel for some reason, remember, the live filesystem on the
2.2.[678] CD-ROMs is your very good friend.  Before you try to upgrade,
I recommend copying the a.out "mount_cd9660" program to a safe place on the
root partition.  That way you can still mount the old binaries, libraries,
etc., if your installation barfs.  (You say you didn't buy the CD-ROMs?
Shame on you!)

Also, the new named and pccardd do not like the config files from the old
named and pccardd.  Updates need to be done by hand.

	-Michael Robinson