Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:25:34 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache13-mod_ssl with mod_php4 and mysql

Hi Wayne!

On  1 Apr 02 at 23:58 you wrote:

> I am not quite sure how to get apache13-mod_ssl with
> mod_php4 and mysql all working together if installed
> from the ports.

> P.S. Someone told me that actually I could work
> straight from the source balls and pass it all of the
> above methioned "with_php" and with_mysql", and that
> no "porting" of the code is required for the above
> three softwares to work. Is this true?

To certain extent, yes. I installed apache, PHP statically
compiled into Apache (with mysql, imap and gazillion other options) and
mod_ssl from source, because just as you, I was unable to figure out
how to get it all installed from ports.

This was with Apache 1.3.20, PHP 4.0.6 (later upgraded to 4.1.1) and
mod_ssl 2.8.4. That's the configuration I am still using today and it
seems to work just fine.

However, when I tried to upgrade to Apache 1.3.22 and mod_php 2.8.5, I
wasn't able to get them to build together.

I haven't tried with later versions, because right now I see no
particular need to upgrade.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* The truth is out there. Does anyone know the URL?