Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:56:39 +0100
From:      Tomas Palfi <tpalfi@phoenixmedical.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cvsuping

hi

i'am trying to cvsup on 4.3 stable and as i am connected through a firewall
i've been at it for a relatively long time. the messages i was getting were
all related to the firewall configuration (ie. connection refused, not being
able to get to the open at all etc.)  we tweaked our firewall and now i seem
to be getting out with

maranello# cvsup -g -L2 stable-supfile /var/tmp/dest   (** the same happen
when i use -P m)
Parsing supfile "stable-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup.uk.Freebsd.org
Connected to cvsup.uk.Freebsd.org
Premature EOF from server  (  <<----  why is it premature )
Will retry at 16:48:40

when i test the connection to any cvsup-server with

telnet cvsup.uk.freebsd.org 5999

this is what i get

Trying 195.40.6.42...
Connected to cvsup.plig.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
maranello#

would anyone know please where the problem is??
thank you

--
Tomas Palfi

guys, one day i would love to contribute....... perhaps one day