Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 1995 00:59:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A performance mystery

> We are not going to get the results I was looking for unless you
> are going to follow directions a *little* closer.
>
> ``repeat 10 iozone 16 8192''

Rod, you dont have to be so condescending (note, no expletives), I dont *have*
your original message.

> > You said this was a Pentium right??  If it is that number is low for
> a triton board:  (ASUS PCI/I-P54TP4, 90Mhz CPU, 64MB memory)

Its not a Triton.

> IOZONE performance measurements:
>         1915685 bytes/second for writing the file
>     18199013 bytes/second for reading the file
>
> >     16      8192    3360694             2890287
>
> Ding... very low memory bandwidth :-(.  Makes for a very slow
> compile :-(

Here is the results of the iozone, as ram-speed showed as well, the memory
bandwidth is very good:

        2684354 bytes/second for writing the file
        14412641 bytes/second for reading the file

-Crh

    Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu

                     http://rs560.msu.edu/~henrich/