Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 17:05:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Schroebel <mschroebel@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail to freebsd-questions won't go, cannot find host name

I've had sendmail up and running for 6 months now, and
everything works great, unless I send to freebsd.org,
then I get:

***   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
*** ... while talking to hub.freebsd.org.:
*** >>> EHLO beagle.epooch.com
*** <<< 450 Cannot find your hostname, [208.232.158.3]
*** <grog@freebsd.org>... Deferred: 450 Cannot find
*** your hostname, [208.232.158.3]
*** Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
*** Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

I've looked in the bat book, and at sendmail.org but
can't find the answer to this.  I can EHLO locally,
and everything is fine. Could this be my firewall
blocking a port that sendmail needs?  I believe my
localhost.rev is set up properly (yes, I have DNS &
BIND), but since the EHLO has the FQDN, and
hub.freebsd.org knows the IP address, I'm stumped.

Matt Schroebel mschroebel@epooch.com

=====