Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:47:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ronnie Clark <ronj_clark@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        midiostri@in.gr
Subject:   RE: xinetd   -   snort

> Dimitri wrote:
> btw. is anybody here using xinetd and/or snort ?
>
> Are they any good?

This is just my $.02 worth...
And I cannot speak for "xinetd", so here goes...

Snort is great. I setup a box at work to monitor a
couple of boxes just for testing. I happen to setup
this box right after Code Red went nuts and I got lots
of notifications. I set this up with SnortSnarf and
then I was able to see all of my alerts / reports
using a browser.

If you have any questions, please let me know how I
can help...

RC