Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:00:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steven Pauly <stevep@brokersys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frustrated with bsd Not! (fwd)

Greetings,

My experience with FreeBSD has been very good. For me, it was never
"Frustrating" with a big F. There were puzzles, but solving them is fun to
me.

I bought the Complete FreeBSD book and cdrom set and had no real
problems while installing, compiling a new kernel, or adding software via
the ports. I read the book -a-lot-, read this list, and the web site. That
was all it really took. So, I would advise people to buy the book and
cdrom set.

IMHO:
1)The web page info is also very good, both in organization and content.
2)The book is excellent, though personally I question why the man pages
were reproduced. I just feel the space could have been used on more of the
very excellent non-man page sections. Yea, Greg!
3)The O/S seems outstanding, though I am a beginner to FBSD.

One thing I would like to see on the site (if there is, cite it), is how
does one go from 2.2.7 to .8 via CVsup? Preferably directed to those who
bought the .7 cdrom and book.

I have a lot to learn yet, but so far my limitations have been myself, not
poor docs, etc.

Thanks,

NOT frustrated in Houston.

steve.

Steven Pauly (281) 496-8041 (steve.pauly@glm.com)
Global Marine Drilling Co. / Houston / Tx / 77079
stevep@brokersys.com / stevep@bash.linux-shell.net