Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:58:00 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        "Matt Watson" <sideshow@terahertz.net>
Cc:        "Danny" <dannyh@idx.com.au>, "Ron Smith" <ronnetron@hotmail.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re[2]: ssh server for WinNT

Hello Matt,

> Since when is putty a ssh server?  I coulda sworn it was a telnet/ssh1/etc
> client... but then again i have been wrong before :P

You're right. It IS just a client. I'm just doubting how much sense a
ssh server for NT would make. Ok, you can control many of the network
stuff from CLI but beside that, you'd still have the need for a
solution such as VNC or PcAnywhere to control the settings only
avaiable by the GUI (one could argue that's possible to control the
system by hacking the registry which should be doable from CLI but who
would be so masochistic? ;-).

Best regards,
 Gabriel